Tier 1 tree has a total of 74 nodes to use skill points on. Each node costs 1 skill point. To unlock the whole tree you will need 73 skill points. To move onto tier 2, at least 30 nodes must be purchased. I will break down each section and explain why do we choose certain nodes, skip others and what to pick at the start. In case you want more information about the general aspect of skill trees check this guide. To refer to the skill tree image I will put ( 1 ) – a number while explaining things. We will try to skip as much as we can since as mentioned in the tutorial Explanation of the Skill Tree you won’t be able to unlock all the nodes across all trees. You can use this tool to check exactly what u get
Skill tree is divided into 5 sections that corresponds to the hero classes. At end of each section there is an icon that enables the upgrade.
Enables to upgrade Soldiers to a higher tier.
Enables to upgrade Constructors to a higher tier.
Enables to upgrade Outlanders to a higher tier.
Enables to upgrade Ninjas to a higher tier.
The core section enables us to proceed to the next zone and unlocks a series of handy tools.
The tree can provide the following stats
- + 13 ( + 3 party ) Fortitude
- + 13 ( + 3 party ) Offence
- +13 ( +3 party ) Resistance
- +13 ( + 3 party ) Tech
The starting part of the core is pritty straight forward.
We are starting with the Constructor Leadership node (1) which enables us to play the Constructor class.
Harvesting (2,35) – Increasing the damage from the harvesting tool.
(3) Whenever you come across this nodes pick them. They unlock a squad leader slot.
(4) Unlocks the research page. This will allow you progress with the Research Tree’s. Here are the guides how to assign them.
- How to assign Research Points in Research Tree: Tier 4
- How to assign Research Points in Research Tree: Tier 3
- How to assign Research Points in Research Tree: Tier 2
- How to assign Research Points in Research Tree: Tier 1
Stats (5,6,8,9) – Increasing the stats of Offence, Fortitude, Tech or Resistance
(7) Storage expanding – Increasing the backpack size
(10) Unlocks recycling and collection book.
You increase the collection book level by adding items into it, make sure you place there the items that you have a duplicate of – or you are not planning in using them.
(11) Unlocks the rifleman slot in homebase storm shield. Its a defender that will help you during Storm Shield Defences, not really useful but we cant skip it.
(12,30) Mission defender slot, unlocks mission defender in the hero squad
(13) This will unlock expeditions
(14) Unlocking lead survivors nodes allows you to assign survivors into Survivor Squads – which is basically how you increase the power level.
(17) As above
Heal (31) is a gadget that you can choose in the game lobby
Cooldown : 180 seconds
Restores 39,505 health to you and your friendly players in a 3 tile range instantly – also purges negative effects.
(32) Unlocks hero squad support slot.
(36) Unlocks hero squad tactical slot.
While placed you gain 20% Offence, Fortitude, Resistance, Tech of the slotted hero – basically a must have.
(16) Unlocking lead survivors nodes allows you to assign survivors into Survivor Squads – which is basically how you increase the power level.
(51) Enables to upgrade Soldiers to a higher tier.
I would say the Air strike isn’t used so often in the end game but if you feel like having it, go for it.
Cooldown : 240 seconds
Drops 9 bombs in designed area.
(49) Mission defender slot, unlocks mission defender in the hero squad
Explanation of the builder node
Building node – “builder” in the tier 1 tree provides utility towards
- Building Speed : + 30% total
- Repairing Speed : + 30% total
- Building Health : + 30% total
Building (25,24,55,56) – Upgrades the building structures / improves properties like repairing speed, building speed health
Apart from the typical benefits towards building you also get the ability to upgrade the maximum level of structures provided by the node it appears twice in the node ( + 2 tiers of building ). Upgrading structures is a crucial part in the game so thous nodes has to be picked up as soon as possible.
(27) Survivor slot. Unlocks the Theoretical Engineering slot in the corps of engineering.
(29) Enables to upgrade Constructor to a higher tier.
Supply Drop (38)
Cooldown : 330 seconds
Drops a supply crate that contains
- 85 Wood
- 85 Stone
- 85 Metal
Harvesting (21) – Increasing the damage from the harvesting tool.
(39) Enables us to play the class Outlander
(23) Survivor slot. Unlocks the Rogue Archaeologist slot in the scouting party.
(42) Enables to upgrade Outlander to a higher tier.
We skip here the heavy attacks, they are not particularly useful atm.
(19) Unlocking lead survivors nodes allows you to assign survivors into Survivor Squads
(43) Enables us to play the class Ninja